Wallpaper and Fabric
These terms of business are to protect and clarify the legal rights of our customers as well as ourselves.
The terms and conditions stated below apply to all wallpaper, fabric and print orders made to Knowles & Christou. No other terms and conditions can apply in any circumstances.
We sell to both trade and retail.
Prices are subject to change. We will be pleased to quote the current price immediately prior to an order being placed.
Statement of Liability
All goods supplied by Knowles & Christou are supplied on the condition that our liability for any fault or defect in the quality, condition, description or fitness for any purpose is to a sum not exceeding the purchase price of the particular goods. It is the customer or their agent’s responsibility to check that they have received the correct design and colour. Mistake in labelling can happen. Once handed on to a third party we cannot accept responsibility for any errors which occasionally do occur. That condition supersedes any conflicting term submitted to us and all other liability whether statutory or otherwise is excluded.
a: We reserve the right to withdraw items from our range at any time without prior notification.
b: There is no minimum order.
c: All orders not confirmed in writing are at the customer’s own risk.
d: Colour matching: With wallpaper we suggest that a sample is ordered prior to selecting the colourway as we have no control over the colour settings on our customers’ computer monitors.
e: Fitness for purpose: the buyer must satisfy themselves that any product supplied by Knowles & Christou is fit for the purpose for which it is purchased prior to ordering.
f: Wallpapers must be checked prior to cutting and/or hanging. A ready mixed paste must be used with the papers to avoid shrinkage.
g: Calculating the number of rolls required is the responsibility of the customer or his/her agent, and provided to the Company is not the responsibility of the Company for accuracy.
a: Payment in full for all retail orders is required before goods are dispatched.
b: Pro-forma invoices must be fully paid before goods dispatched.
c: Once full payment is received and goods are dispatched they become the property of the buyer.
a: The full delivery address must be given when the order is placed.
b: We aim to dispatch goods within Fourteen to twenty working days for wallpaper & fabric and six to eight weeks of payment being cleared, this is due to our products being made to order.
c: It is the buyer’s responsibility to check for any damages to packing materials and product before accepting delivery of the products and to report any damage by the delivery company within 48 hours. In the unlikely event that there is any damage, please DO NOT accept delivery, DO NOT sign the delivery sheet; instead ask the driver for a damaged freight report which will need your signature. Contact us as soon as possible. Goods are not covered by transit insurance once you have accepted delivery. Knowles & Christou uses Interlink for Wallpaper, TNT for Fabric on a 24 hour service to the UK. If the goods are delayed in transit it is beyond our control and postage refunds will not be given.
d: Delivery dates supplied by Knowles & Christou are estimates. We are not liable for the consequence of any delay. We will make every effort to keep you informed of any delays.
e: Any delay of part of an order against an estimated delivery date does not entitle the buyer to cancel the order.
f: It is the buyers responsibility to make themselves available to receive the goods for the carrier at the time the carrier proposes.
If you would like to cancel your order before it has been dispatched, please contact us and we will cancel the order on our system before authorizing your payment. If your item[s] have already been sent we will be happy to exchange or refund within 7 days. Cancellations should be made in writing.
Returns, Exchange & Refunds
If you are not completely satisfied with your product you may return it at your cost [which for overseas customers must include all UK customs clearance formalities] within 2 working days after receipt of your order undamaged and in the original packaging for a full refund. In addition, for up to 7 days after purchase goods may be returned provided that they are returned in the same condition as stated above together with the sales/invoice receipt for a refund subject to a 25% restocking charge. However if a product has been made individually to your specification then these rights to return do not apply, unless the product is faulty. These provisions do not affect your statutory rights, see below.
Before opening the wallpaper please check you have received the correct design/colour and that all the rolls have the same batch number. [see front label]. After hanging 2 lengths, check for shading, wallpaper printing faults, and that the wallpaper is hung the correct way up. At this point, if you are unhappy, STOP.
No claims will be accepted for more than one roll and any claim is strictly limited to the replacement of faulty wallpaper. In the event of a fault please send a sample of the wallpaper with the label – it should not be necessary to return all the faulty wallpaper. If the wallpaper is defective in any way or has a fault, a full replacement or refund will be made at no charge.
RETURN OF ALL GOODS
When returning goods in any of the above circumstances, please send us a email to firstname.lastname@example.org Please state your order number, date of receipt and the reason for returning the product and whether you would like a refund or a replacement product. If you are returning products please send them to:- Knowles & Christou | Unit 5 Talgarth Business Park | Trefecca Road | Talgarth | Brecon | LD3 0PQ | United KingdomThis is our address for returns, for all other communications please send to 116 Lots Road, London SW10 0PQ.
a: Non-receipt of goods: Any claim for the non-receipt of goods must be made in writing within a maximum of 7 days from the date of the confirmed delivery date.
b: Errors and omissions: Customers should check all deliveries immediately for shortages, faults, damages or incorrect products. The buyer must inform Knowles & Christou in writing within 7 days of the date of delivery.
c: Due to human error samples may be wrongly labelled and mistakes are very occasionally made in the supply of wallpaper but it is the customer’s responsibility to check the correct wallpaper has been supplied before opening the rolls and proceeding to hang the paper.
d) Wallpaper: Before hanging wallpaper, please check you have received the correct design/colour and that all the rolls have the same batch number. [see front label]. After hanging 2 lengths, check for shading, wallpaper printing faults, and that the wallpaper is hung the correct way up. At this point, if you are unhappy, STOP. If an item is faulty and you would like to return, please notify us within 7 days.Items should be returned to Knowles & Christou | Unit 5 Talgarth Business Park | Trefecca Road | Talgarth | Brecon | LD3 0PQ | United Kingdom
We would suggest that you use some form of delivery service that requires a signature. Once we have received the item[s] [in the condition in which they were sent] we can either offer you an alternative item or a full refund.
Please ensure that you include your name, address and telephone number or e-mail when returning goods along with the receipt.
Please note that we do not store any financial details [credit & debit card information] of our customers.
Nor do we share any personal details with third parties.
If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you should contact us email@example.com or telephone + 44  207 3527 000
These terms and conditions apply to your order for the purchase of furniture (“the furniture”) referred to overleaf from Knowles & Christou Ltd (“the company”). These terms and conditions supersede and replace any inconsistent or additional terms or conditions of whatever nature made verbally by the company, its employees or agents.
• 1. The goods remain the property of the company until payment has been made in full.
• 2. When ordering it is the customers responsibility to have checked and ensured the colour, the measurements of furniture and that furniture ordered will fit in the place they wish to put it at home.
• 2.1. All deposits are non-refundable unless agreed in writing by a member of staff.
• 2.2. Any balance outstanding is due to be paid before delivery or collection. Payment is accepted by Bankers draft, building society issued cheque or valid and accepted credit or debit card. Payment by personal or company cheque must be made at least ten working days prior to delivery to ensure clearance. It is company policy that delivery will not be able to take place if payment has not been received in full and in accordance with the terms and conditions stated herein.
• 2.3. The company does not accept responsibility for reminding customers of balances requiring payment before delivery. The company wishes to state here that it is the customers responsibility to ensure that the correct payment is made within the required timescale to ensure delivery can proceed.
• 3. Once the company is in a position to effect the delivery of the furniture we will try to contact you by telephone or email to arrange a date and time for delivery.
• 3.1. The company regrets that storage facilities are not available in the workshop. Customers are expected to take delivery within ten days of notification unless previously agreed. In both cases outstanding balances must still be paid as soon as goods are finished.
• 3.2. Storage facilities are available in a neighbouring warehouse, charges for storage will apply.
• 3.2. Should the customer require a change in the delivery date after having booked the date, it will be necessary to give a minimum of 48 hours notice to the shop. Failure to do so may result in a further charge to rebook onto a different date. If the subsequent delivery date is more than three weeks after the first agreed date, then a charge with be made for the storage and further delivery charges. The same terms apply if there is no one there to take delivery of the furniture at the delivery address on the date agreed.
• 3.3. The delivery may occur at any time during the day agreed and we can give no guarantee of specific times. Whilst we cannot guarantee that it will be possible to arrange special delivery times, if it is possible it will still be subject to a supplementary charge.
• 4. The company delivery charge includes delivery to the front door only. If you require the furniture to be delivered beyond the front door into the house, our delivery people will do so providing you accept the following terms.
• 4.1. That it is your sole responsibility to ensure that there is adequate space and access to receive the furniture.
• 4.2. That the premises are safe for the delivery people to deliver to.
• 4.3. That the company accepts no responsibility for any damage to your property caused by the delivery.
• 4.4. That if you are in doubt regarding potential damage that may occur as a result of the delivery that you will ask the delivery people to leave the furniture by the front door rather than risk damage to the property or furniture.
• 4.5. That if there are any physical obstructions to overcome there may be an extra charge for delivery.
• 5. The customer will be deemed to have accepted the furniture and agreed that it is as ordered unless the Company is notified in writing within seven days of delivery.
• 6. Wood and leather are natural products and subject to some natural defects. Each piece of furniture is therefore unique and will not match the showroom model exactly. Natural products such as these are also subject to shade and grain variations and occasional natural scarring.
• 7. No responsibility can be taken by the company for furniture damage or shading due to the effects of natural sunlight or heating appliances.
• 8. The company shall not be held responsible for an inability to delivery in consequence of war, change of fiscal policy, strikes, lockouts, breakdown, fire, theft or any other contingency beyond its control.
• 9. The conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and the parties submit to the non exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. This statement does not affect your statutory rights.